Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hooray, Spring is here...



... at least in my projects. After I finished the knitting project for the baby daughter of friends of mine, I decided to make myself something with the same kind of wool, as it was so nice to knit. As we all need more colour in our life I chose mint green and dark green and did my first ever knitted "picture". (Maybe, if I practice, I might be able to create another "Alf Jumper" for Eva Melina, she told me she had one as a kid she really loved.)


Those are the tulips I did. I know, they are not perfect and not very detailed, but I am still so happy that it worked out without having any plan or advise. Plus, the red makes a nice contrst to the rest of the cardigan. I am knitting it in one piece and will sow the short arms to it afterwards. As it is supposed to be worn in spring and summer, I am optimistic and will do it without long arms. This is how far I have gotten to up to now. As there is a long weekend with shitty weather ahead I will try to finish it till next week:



Creating stuff with your own hands is so very satisfying and it doesn't matter whether you are planting, cooking, repairing, knitting, crocheting or painting anyhting. Just being "creative", meaning you are the active creator of things, changing your environment in your own way, is remarkable. It should be a very small thing, and yet it feels like the grandest things of all.







No comments: