Sunday, March 10, 2013

Creativity...

... probably is the most fulfilling aspect of life.
Think of the games we played as kids, how we could play a game for hours, completely forgetting about time and place. Whether you are pirate, scrubbing the ship and partying with you mates, a detective, investigating a case or imagining you had a talking dragon as a pet, imagination is a strong force and I think all of us need to dream more. I used to lie flat on the floor, watch at the ceiling and dream myself into another world. When was the last time we did that? Probably ages ago, so maybe we should try it more often.

Have you ever heard of the "flow"? It is a pyschological concept, meaning to immerse fully into your activity, forgetting about everything else, which usually goes along with a feeling of deep satisfaction. Funnily enough I got to know that concept through my studies of media science, but then again, a movie's mere cause of existence usually is getting you into a flow. But I guess, every action can give you a flow experience, it could be ironing as well as painting, you just have to do it with all your heart. Knitting actually has helped me a lot, evoking this kind of pleasure. The feeling of creating something durable, someone might use for ages, is a top-benefit. The first knitting I did was actually just for the purpose of knitting, I found it so relaxing. And nowadays, making gifts or something nice for myself makes it even more appealing. Learning something new and getting better at what you love to do is also some benefit I adore it for. Just like playing the guitar always makes me feeling good, knitting never fails to do so.

By now I have already finished some projects, below you see a jumper I did for the kid of a former colleague of mine. I did it with the pattern of the little elizza-book I mentioned in the first post. The buttons are little apples and I love them. The good thing about little kids is that you can dress them anyway you like to and though I wouldn't wear a jumper like that myself, I find it adorable on a kid.





Next Sunday we are invited to friends who also have a kid and I want to make a jumper for her as well, so keep your fingers crossed that I can do it in a week. I will keep you posted on my progress. Mr. Schön's hat is almost ready and it suits him well. (Acutally he looks a bit like a bandit with it, but of course I am proud that I could make something for him.)

Have a great Sunday and take care!

Selina

No comments: