Thursday, August 17, 2017

Knittting Fever

I am hooked again, the needles have me back. Although, as I already wrote before, 2017 hasn't seen the drop in my knitting summer usually brings. Maybe the weather has just been too bad for not thinking about fall and warm sweaters.

Right now, after having finished the baby blanket Chalice for my friend Franzi (turned out that after blocking, the pattern looks pretty nice, even with the warm wool) I am finally knitting my second sock with the Norwegian pattern. I think I finished the first one already about a year ago. Shame on me! But reading blogs of other knitters the Second-Sock-Fatigue seems to be a thing. And I seem to be less infected thatn some, at least it is only that one pattern that I only did one sock of. Anyhow, it is coming along nicely and I am pretty fast, at least sitting at home, with the book on my knees. I intended to finish the sock on the way to work, on the train, but it is too complex to knit it by heart. Let alone with a book balancing on my knees while I am on the train.... I am looking forward to finishing this project, not only to have it done, once and for all, but also to wear the socks with skirts and stockings.

I have been pretty naughty as well and just ordered a bunch of new yarn. We do not have any space, but I want to knit a nice cable-filled sweater for winter and I found this free pattern on Ravelry. The Beatnik. Being a big fan of Beat-culture, not only the pattern, but also it's name spoke to me.

So I ordered some marineblue Drops Nepal for this adventure. Let's see how it goes. It will definitely be one of the more difficult items I have ever knit.
The first one...

...finished


No comments: