Thursday, November 12, 2015

A whole lotta knitting going on...

Hey folks,

what have you been up to?

Autumn is finally here and that means: knitting time! I have several gifts to knit and while I am having a week off work due to some collected overtime, my knitting time has expanded big time. Accompanied by Big Bang Theory on Netflix (I know alost all of the episodes, but this way I do not miss anything while checking out the pattern) Lisek and me have been whirling the needles, so to say.

The pattern I am mostly knitting those days is called Water for the Elephants. I haven't made any of those for myself yet, but they are gorgeous gifts and especially nice in cold winter nights. A lot of people around me have their own elephants-socks now. I love the pattern's Indian-Hippie-look! As it is only two colours it is not too complicated. I even knit these on the train, with the pattern on my lap.

Water for the elephants - red and black
Water for the elephants - blue and white





































Lisek is watching my knitting. I might make something for him someday, just for fun. He does not need any clothes, neither do most of the dogs around. I would probably be ashamed if I had to walk a dressed dog in the streets.
 I bet Lisek agrees with me on that.
It might be funny to make him something for christmas though. Due to his very unconventional shape (let's face it, he is shaped a bit like a sausage), most jumpers you could buy for dogs would be too short for him, so if I ever want to dress him up, I probably have to make it myself.















The only socks I have ever knit for myself are made out of leftovers from yarn skeins. I divided them into two and then tried to knit two socks that look the same. Well, it sort of worked, but as I am only wearing them inside, to warm my feet. I am pretty happy with how they turned out. Plus, they are made from material that would have otherwise been thrown out. Try it, they are made really fast and you will have warm feet all winter long...

Leftover-socks

Warm feet everyone!

No comments: