Sunday, October 25, 2015








This blog was intended to share my progress and my findings in knitting and other handmade projects, so I am glad to have some "back to the roots"-post for you, about Opus the Octopus.

The pattern is free and you can find it here 

I had bought some very nice coloured yarn in Estonia last winter, but it was incredibly scratchy. I knew I could not use it to make any kinds of clothes, so I searched for alternatives. Opus seemed perfect for the occasion. I am a bit sloppy when it comes to instructions, often I like them for the inspiration, but I am too lazy to actually follow them. No wonder my first Opus looked a bit sloppy, too. But a friend liked him apparently and asked me to make her one.

This time, I searched for two fitting colours of nice and soft yarn, I followed the instructions in detail and I also bought eyes for the little one. And of course, the result is much nicer. It is a lot of fun to knit something, that feels like coming "alive" more and more. You can see that the Opus with eyes looks much more liefelike. So, Nadine, you can come and pick your new flatmate up, he is waiting for you, while hanging out with his red and green friend.

Both octopuses hanging out in our living room

The dudes, hanging out

Opus looks much more alive with a real teddy-eye

No comments: